What's your sign...

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Job By Any Other Name...is still work.


Mistakes
pad
It could be that the purpose of your life is
only to serve as a warning to others.

I love that quote!






Anywhoo...I had my first job interview in three years. I had to search the depths of my closet for my "Interview Suit" and pray that it still fit. Well who would have guessed, it did! In fact it was too big...go figure..

I went in, answered all the questions, filled out all the forms. I was cordial, professional, charming even. I gave her pretty copies of my resume, my card and my resume on disc...just in case. I wish I could get a job just interviewing. I'm good at it.

So, all in all, it went well. I don't know that I am qualified for the position, but I think it would be fun. We'll see how it goes.

Saturday, I took a test to work for the city. I'm not sure who writes those tests, but they need to find someone else to do it. They make very little sense. But, I did what I could do. They made me do Fractions! FRACTIONS! I haven't done fractions since, I think Jr. High School. Holy manhole covers Batman.

So I am going to be in a wedding next year. Yep. I'm a bride's maid. So the bride called and asked me to go to a Wedding Faire with her. So Saturday I did that too after the test. I came home around 6:00 p.m. and fell out! Man was I tired. I woke up at 10:00 p.m. I was looking around like what happened, why is it dark? Anyway...I guess that's all I got.

Later.

3 comments:

Krissie said...

Fractions are a piece of cake. (My point being: our schools are so much harder than yours. lol)
And just as I am sure you do great at interviews, i am sure you'll get a great job in no time.

Mama Bear said...

I hate math, so kudos to you, Nic. I'm with Krissie, you'll get a great gig soon enough. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, Krissie! Fractions in junior high? I'm sure we had those in the two last forms of elementary school :) Even longer ago, so I doubt if I could still do them correctly.

Nic, I'm thinking you will get the job. And I was tinking the exact same thing when I was doing the interview thing -- I should do this for a living.