I've been doing some thinking today. About what you ask? Well, I'll tell you. About the upcoming year. When I was 13 years old, I made a New Year's Resolution to never make another New Year's Resolution. It's the only one I have ever kept. EVER.
I think Resolution is too strong a word; too absolute. It's like the difference between Idea and Belief. You can change an idea, but it's harder to change a belief. (Yes I know I stole that...back off!)
Sometimes life gets in the way of resolutions. Then, at the end of the year when you look back at your life, you have a feeling of failure when you didn't keep your resolutions. Who needs that? Life is hard enough as it is.
So I propose, instead of a New Year's Resolution, to have a New Year's Hope. What do you think? I'll get you started, here are a few of my hopes for the upcoming year, in no particular order.
- I hope to improve my overall health. (Look at those abs...mercy)
- I hope to get rid of some particular medical issues.
- I hope other medical endeavors stick around.
- I hope to get more organized. (Stop laughing!)
- I hope to better manage my time. (I SAID stop LAUGHING)
- I hope to be more creative.
- I hope to not have to find another job, but if I do, it's one I will enjoy.
- I hope justice prevails. (Fucktards)
- I hope my friends and family are happy and healthy.
- I hope to meet more of my online friends, and see the others I have met again.
- I hope to meet Wentworth Miller. (You knew that would be in there!)
- I'd like to get better at knitting and crocheting.
- I would like to go back to school.
Ok, so that's a lot, but what does it matter? The weren't resolutions, just hopes and wishes.
So, what are your hopes and wishes? Leave me a comment!
One last one. I hope and wish the new year bring you all your hopes and wishes.